Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pickleball: Medals or Prizes?

This past Olympics in London they handed out some really nice Olympic medals to the worlds top athletes in their respective sports. I've been to some Pickleball tournaments where they hand out some great looking pickleball medals, and then there are some tournaments where the awards are donated prizes by local businesses or individuals. There is something extra special about having a medal hang around your neck that shows your accomplishments through hard fought matches, grueling pickleball volleys. Don't get me wrong I enjoy getting a 21 piece ratchet set, and a car dealers frisbee for winning instead of a gold medal. Maybe I'm still young, and get a sense of pride winning a medal, that may only hang on my wall for years in my rec room, but it's better then having my dog chew my tournament frisbee. Thoughts...what would you rather receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment